If you want to join the group, please send a copy of your CV (including a complete list of publications), a one-page letter of motivation and contact details of two academic referees to Paco.
Applicants for a PhD position should also provide the transcripts of the marks received for their undergraduate and graduate degrees (for as far as completed).
We have three open PhD positions to join the group as part of a MIBTP Doctorate center. If you are interested in polymer chemistry, biology and/or computational sciences, please contact Paco. Deadline 10 January 2021.
- Nucleating the growth of biofilms for biocatalysis with polymer chemistry
- Novel transfection agents as tools for biology
- Nucleic acid delivery to plants. Towards improved protection and development of crops.
We are also involved in the following projects
We are heavily involved in several doctoral training centres, and interested PhD candidates are encouraged to check these:
- Midlands Integrative Biosciences Training Partnership
- The Wellcome Trust Doctoral Training Centre in Antimicrobials and
If, alternatively, you would like to apply for your own funding, we will offer extensive assistance in the preparation of your application. Examples of suitable schemes (not exhaustive!) are listed below. We will advertise any other positions when they become available.
- Marie Curie fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships
- Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellowships
- Ramsay Memorial Fellowships
- Fulbright Awards (For US PhD Students)
- Marshall Scholarships (For US PhD Students)
- Fundación Ramón Areces (for Spanish Researchers)
- Science Without Borders (for Brazilian PhD students)
- DFG, DAAD and AvH Feodor Lynen fellowships (for German Researchers)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (for Swiss Researchers)
- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (for Japanese Researchers)
- Chinese Scholarship Council (for Chinese Researchers)
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship (for Researchers requiring flexible working conditions)
- Schlumberger Foundation (for Female Researchers from developing countries)
- Daphne Jackson Fellowships (for Researchers who wish to return to their careers after a break)
- British Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (PhD studentships)